National Technical Honor Society
The purpose of the National Technical Honor Society is to promote the ideals of honesty, service, leadership, career development, and skilled workmanship among the technical students of America; to reward meritorious achievement in technical students in their pursuit of educational career goals; and to provide technical students with a greater awareness of the world of work.
The following is a list of criteria by which the students are selected:
- nomination by instructors;
- no more than five unexcused absences;
- no suspensions for major offenses;
- enrolled in the second or third year of an occupational program;
- an “A” average in occupational program;
- a “B” average in academics.